Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Introduction to Arts Award

DIVERSITY FLASHMOB
For my Silver arts award I aspire to put together and present a dance flashmob, isnpired by those done by Diversity and T-Mobile.

A flashmob is defined as: "A flash mob is a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and seemingly pointless act for a brief time, then quickly disperse, often for the purposes of entertainment, satire, and artistic expression"

I have chosen to do a flashmob for my challenge as putting together the dance would be a great opportunity for me to further my skills in leadership, choreography and mixing music. I chose to take a lot of inspiration form Diversity, as they so driven by what they do and what they stand for. I have been taught by two of the members, Perri and Warren, as well as people who work in their studio such as Warren. I also take inspiration from Twist and Pulse, as they are my inspirations. I have also been taught by them, and they are behind me in my flashmob plans.



The first stage of creating my flashmob is to create the music. These are the first few songs I have decided to try and use for my flashmob. These are only initial ideas and may change as I get to making the mix.
I got a lot of inspiration for my flashmob from dance troupe Diversity. I followed the theme of songs they have danced to throught my ideas.
War
Applause
Shout
Scream and Shout
They don't care about us
Don't Stop 'Till You Get Enough
Hero
My Heart Will Go On
Low

The next thing I will have to do is choreograph the routine. This is the main part of planning the flashmob as this is the part that people actually see, so the choreography has to be to a high level. It will be difficult to create this dance as there will be different levels of ability, meaning that the choreography has to be accesible to all levels.

Then I have to find a suitable area for the flashmob to be held in, and contact them to organise a date. I'm looking at performing the flashmob in the Easter term as it will be fairly busy, and also in this term I can incooperate classes from the dance schools I teach in, as they do not start to work towards anything in particular until the summer term.

I then have to organise the people that will be involved, teach them the dance and put the whole flashmob together. This will be by far the hardest stage of the planning and creation as I will have to find a way to get people involved, and get them all together for at least one rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment