To host a flashmob, first you have to have a venue to perform it in. I decided to go with a nearby area to make it more possible for people to make it thee. I then googled the three main cities nearby: Cambridge, Peteborough and Bedford. My criteria for the venue is for it to be a large space where a lot of people are. Using this I narrowed my choices down to two shopping centres. Queensgate in Peteborough and the Grafton Centre in Cambridge. I then looked for as many different images of these venues as possible. These are the images of the Grafton Centre I found.
I liked this venue as it has a large open space, as well as the escalators which could be featured in the flashmob. The centre also has multiple layers, meaning we could base people who do not want to be used in the dance as much on higher levels. Also, I've done a flashmob in this space before, so contacts may be easier and I know we can get the music fed through.
Then there is Queensgate in Peteborough.

I like this area as it has a big open space, as well as having multiple levels and an escalator. Also I go to Peteborough a lot so it would be fairly easy to travel to as a large group. I am aquainted well with the area and the dimentions of space avaliable.
To decide a venue for certain, I will need to make contacts with both centers and get permission to perform the flashmob there. Then I will have to discuss a date. I am aiming to perform the flashmob around easter/summer, as although the christmas period is usually the busiest and would attract the most attention, this does not give me a lot of time to choreograph and teach to perfection a full flashmob, especially as I am looking to include local dance companies I am involved in. Also, during the christmas period there are usually large christmas trees and santa's grottos which could decrease the amount of space avaliabe.





No comments:
Post a Comment