Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Furthering as a Choreographer

Before I choreograph the full flashmob, I decided to take the opportunity to further my skills as a choreographer. I set myself a small challenge of choosing a set dance style that I do not normally do: Lyrical Hip Hop, research this style and choreograph a 30-90 second routine in this style during my free times and sessions over the next few weeks. The plan of this task is to get more confident in my own choreography and remove myself from my comfort zone, so that when it comes to choreographing the flashmob in a style I will be more comfortable with I will be confident in myself.

Lyrical hip hop dance is a recent development to the hip hop genre. Some people call it a different style completely, but most refer to it as a sub-style of hip hop dance.

My first task was to watch videos of Lyrical Hip Hop choreography online, to see what the style is like.
These are some of the clips I watched:

Bethany Rose and Israel
Charlie and Drew
Maddie and Marko
Mark and Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment