This post will track my progression since I began dancing in 2008, along with some of the performances I have taken part in to prove my progression.
The first dance I ever took part in was at the European Festival of Dance and Performing Arts in Disneyland Paris. This video is us performing this dance for the last time before we went to Paris. We came 2nd place at the competition
We then performed the same dance at a small charity event, with less people this time.
Next, in 2009 I performed at the Royal Albert Hall to Like a Boy - Ciara. I don't have a video of the dance, but as a dancer I started to become a little more confident, but I still doubted myself.
My dance school now started to perform more frequently, no matter where the events were and who they were too. This is a video of us performing at the local May Day celebration in 2009.
We then formed a new troupe, "Fracture." Our first main performance was at the St. Neots christmas light switch on in November 2009.
The year after, we went back to the European Festival of Dance and Performing Arts in Disneyland Paris with Fracture and came 1st place.
By now I was a lot more confident in myself, and decided to enter my very first ever solo to Huntingdon's Got Talent. I didn't get placed, but it was a huge milestone just deciding to enter.
Soon, I started to grow confidence in my ability to choreograph routines. So me and my younger sister Chloe joined up and created a duet, which we took to a dance competition in Alton Towers and won in our category. Here is us performing that duet at a huge dance convention, Move it. First on the freestyle stage where over 1000 people watched, and then at our dance school's very own stand for a competition we held.
Over the last year I have progressed even further as a dancer. This video that was shown at the end of my show this summer tracks this progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment